On behalf of 1702 Pine, LLC, Arts Services Initiative (ASI) invites Western New York-based visual artists working in two-dimensional and three-dimensional mediums to submit proposals for an outdoor public art project located at 1702 Pine Avenue in Niagara Falls, New York. The mural will appear on the building’s west-facing façade facing 17th Street.
- Deadline: Friday, December 6, 2019; 5 PM
- Submission guidelines: Proposals must be sent electronically as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “1702 Pine Ave Proposal”
- Budget: A commission of up to $9,000 will be available for the chosen artist to create and install their work, with some installation assistance available, including a bucket truck and some materials to complete the project
- December 6, 2019; 5 PM: Deadline to submit
- January 2020: Selection of artist
- February 2020: Public announcement of selection
- Spring 2020: Mural implementation and planning meetings; completed and installed work (pending weather)
- Work must reflect both the history of Garibaldi (an Italian political hero from the 19th century) as well as the promise and hope for the future of Niagara Falls
- Final mural must have an expected lifespan of at least five years unprotected from the elements
- For photographs of the space, a full RFP with images can be found here
For questions, contact ASI at email@example.com.