Residencies & Studios
Search here for artist residencies.
The Alliance of Artists Communities is an international association of artist residencies — a diverse field of more than 1,500 programs worldwide that support artists of any discipline in the development of new creative work. Believing that the cultivation of new art and ideas is essential to human progress, the Alliance’s mission is to advocate for and support artist communities, and to advance the endeavors of artists.
- Winter/spring 2022 artist-in-residence program – January 17–April 19, 2022 (13 weeks) Application Deadline: May 15, 2021
- Summer 2022 artist-in-residence program – May 16–August 9, 2022 (12 weeks) Application Deadline: August 15, 2021
- Fall 2022 artist-in-residence program – August 29–November 22, 2022 (12 weeks) Application Deadline: November 15, 2021
- 54-acre park and nature reserve in Hamburg
- Ample open space
- Nature trails
- Education pavilion and adjacent tables
- Large parking lot
- Portable toilets
Their capacity is 243 guests. Social distancing, mask wearing, and other safety measures are in effect. Large, uncatered gatherings are subject to additional rules but have fewer standards than indoor gatherings.
Squeaky Wheel’s Workspace Residency is an opportunity for artists and researchers working in media arts to receive time and support for their projects. The Spring 2022 residency will take place over two weeks in March with the option to attend in-person or remotely. Awarded applications will receive $1000 in artist fees and stipends, equipment access, curatorial consultations, and more. Additional financial support is available for childcare or disability support.
Deadline: October 15, 2021
Last updated September 15, 2021
Search here for studio spaces currently available in Western New York.