Marketing & Communications Manager
The National Comedy Center, the first national-scale non-profit cultural institution and visitor experience dedicated to comedy, is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager. The National Comedy Center is open to a remote employment arrangement.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing a comprehensive and integrated marketing, public relations and communications program designed to support, enhance and communicate organizational priorities and to strengthen awareness of the National Comedy Center brand. This will include the development of collateral and media materials, media and community relations, web content, corporate sponsorships, and other creative and strategic communications products.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and self-motivated relationship builder with experience building brands and working collaboratively with external agencies as needed. Experience with destination marketing is strongly preferred.
The National Comedy Center honors the art form and its legendary contributors with its interactive exhibit experience, celebrates the best of contemporary comedy with its programming, and cultivates the comedic arts with professional development and support for artists. Under construction now in Jamestown, NY, the National Comedy Center embodies Lucille Ball’s vision for her hometown to become a destination for the celebration of comedy.
The visitor experience, projected to open in 2018, has been designed by renowned creative firms Jack Rouse Associates and Cortina Productions, and interactive specialist Local Projects (winner of the Cannes International Creativity Award for work on the 9/11 Memorial Museum). It is backed by a public-private partnership including private foundations and individuals, as well as New York State Empire State Development and the Western New York Regional Economic Development Council.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or related field
- 7+ years of experience in marketing and/or public relations / communications; experience with destination/tourism marketing strongly preferred
- Passion for comedy and the NCC mission
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the entertainment industry a plus
- Persuasive marketer and communicator with substantial writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online media
- Experience with major brand development and management preferred
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative working style
- High energy, optimistic and innovative
Qualified candidates may submit resume and cover letter to Jenna Regan, Senior Search Consultant with Performance Management Partners, Inc.: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the National Comedy Center, please visit http://www.comedycenter.org