In preparation for the 2020 Erie County Cultural Funding process, ASI has offered several public workshops on topics that the Erie County Department of Environment and Planning see as needs for Cultural Funding Applications.
These topics include: Board of Directors/By-Laws/Non-Profit Revitalization Act, Governance, and Finance (including Cash Flows). For more information on past public workshops (such as April 10, 2018 on Cash Flow), please visit our Professional Development page.
In addition to these workshops, use the below materials and resources as a guide for your 2020 Erie County Cultural Funding Application materials and attachments. NOTE: These materials are intended to assist your organization with best practices and policies to apply for Erie County Cultural Funding. Please note that the application process itself is a County process and handled by the County, ASI is providing resources and best practices for grant writing and organizational purposes only.
These topics were identified as a priority for organizations by Erie County and the Cultural Advisory Board through the funding process.
NonProfit Revitalization Act Materials:
- Nonprofit Revitalization Act Presentation 2014
- Key Features of the Nonprofit Revitalization Act NYCON
- Nonprofit Revitalization Act 2014- Part I
- Nonprofit Revitalization Act 2014 – Part II
- What You Need to Know About the NY Non-Profit Revitalization Act 2013
Document Template Resources:
- Conflict of Interest Policy Template: Conflict of Interest Policy Template
- Whistleblower Policy Template: Sample Whistleblower Protection Policy
Board of Directors and Governance:
- NY Council of Nonprofits presentation on Role & Responsibilities, including By-Laws: NYCON- D&R ASI Presentation 2017
- Duties of NFPs and their Directors: NonProfit Duties of Board of Directors May 2014
- Board of Directors Self-Evaluation: Board of Directors Self Assessment Tool Template
- Executive Director and Staff Evaluation (provided by Just Buffalo Literary Center): ED and Staff Evaluation Presentation ED and Staff Evaluation Presentation