The New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) has recently announced their funding guidelines for 2022 including a round of funding for individual artists of various disciplines. Artists can apply for a $10,000 grant for project support with an eligible fiscal sponsor.
Individual Artist categories eligible to apply:
- Choreography Commissions
- Composer Compositions
- Film, Media, and New Technology
- Folk and Traditional Arts
- Theater Commissions
- Visual Arts
If you are an artist in any of the above categories in need of a fiscal sponsor, look no further than ASI!
As your fiscal sponsor, ASI will submit your finished application to NYSCA’s grant portal, distribute funding if it is awarded, and assist with follow-up reports after the project is completed. Since we are an arts service organization, we are familiar with the NYSCA timelines and grant process and ensure the timely submission of your application with adherence to the deadlines below.
- Before August 19: Read the “Support for Artists” Guidelines to see if your project is eligible. If eligible, choose a meeting time with Jen Swan-Kilpatrick using Calendly to discuss your project and to let us know you would like to use us as a fiscal sponsor.
- August 20: All grant materials are due to ASI. This is a strict cutoff date since ASI must then upload all materials to the grant portal on your behalf.
- September 1: Applications due to NYSCA
*Please keep in mind that if you apply directly to NYSCA, even if you do not receive an award, you are unable to apply for Statewide Community Regrant (formerly DEC) funding through ASI.