Arts Services Initiative of WNY brings Make Music Day to Buffalo and Niagara Falls, NY for a second year on June 21, 2017 (the first day of summer)! Make Music Day is a free celebration of music EVERYONE is invited to participate no matter your skill level or genre of music.
This year’s Make Music Day features performances by dozens of musicians including the Juini Booth Quartet, Ten Cent Howl, members from the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, and more! Participating venues include Larkin Square, Silo City, Canalside and more!
Full Listing of Events: https://
Highlights of 2017 Make Music Day WNY (all FREE):
• Lighting the Peace Bridge in Buffalo in orange to celebrate with live performance on site.
• Lighting the Niagara Falls in orange for 15 minutes at 10pm to celebrate with live performance on site.
• Introductory Harmonica Lessons, including a free harmonica for the first 50 in attendance per site, at Green Island in Niagara Falls State Park (10am-12pm) and Canalside in Buffalo (3-5pm) taught by Rick Nicotra from the Blues Society of WNY.
• “Come Play in Marine A”, a chance for any person or band to perform in the Marine A grain elevator at Silo City in Buffalo from 4-8:30pm. Performers include Brett Shurtliffe from the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, the PA Line, Meria Cairns and more! Time slots still available for musicians to sign up.
• A local “Fête de la Musique” with the Alliance Française de Buffalo at the Colored Musicians Club in Buffalo 5:30-9:30pm.
• Two Cello “Movement and Music” classes for children hosted by Bethany Erhardt at the Buffalo Cello School 10am and 6pm. Pre-registration preferred.
• A play-along with boomwhackers presented by Improv Everywhere. Pick up a free pair of boomwhackers and play to the beat of a pre-recorded MP3. Venue and time TBA.
• Guitar Play-Along with free songbooks taught by Vaughn Faison. Location and time TBA.
• Introduction of Make Music Day in Jamestown presented by Infinity Visual and Performing Arts, Inc. with roaming musicians throughout downtown Jamestown.
• Live music and a free craft for kids at Old Falls Street in Niagara Falls. Time TBA.
Sign up as a performer or a venue at https://
You are also invited to “Come Play in Marine A” at Silo City in Buffalo, NY on Make Music Day. This is a special opportunity for musicians to play INSIDE the Marine A Grain elevator. Follow the link below to sign up for a time slot:
Other ways to get involved in Make Music Day:
Donate to Make Music Day through the online “Spring It On” campaign:
Become a Volunteer:
Help Buffalo and Niagara Falls celebrate Make Music on June 21 by volunteering your time and talent. Email [email protected]
Contact [email protected] for questions.