Arts Services Initiative of Western New York (ASI) is seeking a full time Associate to play key roles in ASI’s operational, fiscal, and grant management activities, including being a key part of the launch of our fiscal sponsorship and shared service programs.
The successful applicant must have excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational management skills. Experience in bookkeeping, fiscal reporting, and grant reporting, as well as a college degree in a relevant field is required. Experience with New York State Grants Gateway, QuickBooks, and the New York State Council on the Arts process are desired.
The Associate will be responsible for activities for ASI and those with whom ASI enters into shared service or fiscal management relationships including, but not limited to:
- Bookkeeping including generating checks and invoices;
- File maintenance and organization of receipts, bills, and other relevant information;
- Tracking and reporting of payables and receivables on an ongoing basis;
- Production of monthly financial reports for the Finance Committee and periodic financial reports for the Board of Directors;
- Attendance at Finance Committee meetings as needed;
- Tracking of grant related deadlines including invoicing and reporting;
- Preparing financial materials for grant and other reports;
- Assembling and providing materials for the annual audit and 990 filing;
- Preparing financial materials for grant submissions;
- Submitting of applications for grant requests;
- Developing and managing databases;
- General office work such as mailings, filing, and related activities; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Associate Director.
The Associate position is a full-time, hourly position which will include some evening or weekend hours, plus paid time off and holidays, as well as a $3,500 stipend for health insurance and paid onsite parking. Compensation rate will be determined by experience and qualifications. This position works closely with the Executive Director, Associate Director, and Board committees.
Arts Services Initiative of Western New York provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.